It’s EXTREMELY important that synthetic wigs be kept away from extreme heat such as
- curling irons
- hot blow dryers
- the stove/oven
- steam from dishwashers
- and fire’s/ fireplaces
Heat will cause irreparable damage to your synthetic wig.
Synthetic Hair Wig Care
To Wash it’s simple!
- Brush out your wig
- Fill a sink with enough luke warm water to cover your wig, add the proper measurement of wig shampoo (usually a cap full), mix and submerge your wig completely. Let sit for about 3 minutes
- Empty sink, Rinse wig out thoroughly with clean lukewarm water
- Once wig is rinsed out, put it on its stand to dry overnight, and spray with Wig Conditioning spray once dry.
*NEVER Brush your wig while it’s wet! This will cause extra pull on the hair where its attached to the cap, and cause the hair to break off. Thinning out your hair quicker.
Human Hair Wig Care
It’s extremely important to remember to keep Human Hair away from extreme heat just like a synthetic hairpiece.
To wash, it’s simple!
- Brush out your wig
- Fill a sink with enough lukewarm water to cover your wig, add the proper measurement of wig shampoo (a cap full), mix and submerge your wig completely. Let sit for about 3 minutes.
- Empty sink, Rinse wig thoroughly with clean lukewarm water
- Once the wig is rinsed out you can repeat step 2 with wig Conditioner (Do not submerge the cap itself as the conditioner will loosen the hair knots, instead you can apply conditioner closer to the roots with your fingers)
- Rinse out your wig with clean, lukewarm water and set on your stand to dry overnight.
*NEVER Brush your wig while it’s wet! This will cause extra pull on the hair where it’s attached to the cap, and cause the hair to break off, thinning out your hair quicker
It is recommended that you wash your Synthetic Wig and Human Hair Wig once every 2 weeks, it is usually best to do it at night so it can sit overnight to air dry.
Every night you should hang your Wig on your wig stand. This will ensure the cap keeps it’s form, and it will ventilate air through the cap. This ventilation will help decrease odors from perfumes, body oils etc.